JAKKS PACIFIC EXTENDS GLOBAL MASTER TOY AGREEMENT FOR WORLD OF NINTENDO®
SANTA MONICA, Calif., March 15, 2018 – Leading U.S. toymaker JAKKS Pacific, Inc. (NASDAQ: JAKK) today announced it has extended its global master toy licensing partnership with Nintendo, whose properties include Super Mario™, Mario Kart™, The Legend of Zelda™, Animal Crossing™, Pikmin™, Starfox™, and Metroid™.
Under the terms of the worldwide agreement, JAKKS will continue to manufacture, market, and distribute action figures, playsets, plush, vehicles, role play, and dress up, as well as novelties, blasters and outdoor seasonal items.
“We’re thrilled to extend our relationship with Nintendo as master toy licensee,” said Craig Drobis, Senior Vice President Marketing, JAKKS Pacific. “Nintendo is an iconic and nostalgic brand that is beloved by multiple generations of fans. We are excited our authentic figures, plush, and RC extend the gaming experience to play time.”
- Impressive WORLD OF NINTENDO® items hitting shelves this year include:
- • WORLD OF NINTENDO® Squish-Dee-Lish™ squishy toys is a line of squishable villains and items straight from the World of Super Mario™. These little toys are made to squish! But don’t worry, each will restore to its original form for lots of hand-held squishing fun. The World of Nintendo® Squish-Dee-Lish™ squishy toys are available in March for MSRP $5.99 and recommended for kids ages six and older.
- • WORLD OF NINTENDO® Super Wind-Up Toys is a line of figures with unique movement inspired by popular heroes and villains from the world of Super Mario™. With six different characters to collect, for MSRP $5.99, kids ages three and older will love collecting them all!
- • WORLD OF NINTENDO® Mario Kart™ Motorcycle RC Racer lets kids control where Mario adventures next. Kids can control the 2.4 GHz remote control Mario Kart™ Motorcycle in standard mode or in “anti-gravity” mode for up to 100 feet. With a flick of a switch on the remote, the tires turn to the side – parallel to the floor – for an “anti-gravity” effect. This motorcycle racer can drive forward, backward, and side-to-side in the “anti-gravity” and race modes. The Mario Kart™ Motorcycle RC Racer will be available for MSRP $39.99, and is recommended for kids ages four and older.
- • WORLD OF NINTENDO® Luigi Mario Kart™ Mini RC Racer lets kids control where Luigi adventures next. Kids can control the 2.4 GHz remote control Luigi Mario Kart™ Mini RC Racer in standard mode or in “anti-gravity” mode for up to 100 feet. With a flick of a switch on the remote, the tires turn to the side – parallel to the floor – for an “anti-gravity” effect. This mini RC racer can drive forward, backward, and side-to-side in the “anti-gravity” and race modes. The Luigi Mario Kart™ Mini RC Racer will be available for MSRP $39.99, and is recommended for kids ages five and older.
About JAKKS Pacific, Inc.
JAKKS Pacific, Inc. (NASDAQ: JAKK) is a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of toys and consumer products sold throughout the world, with its headquarters in Santa Monica, California. JAKKS Pacific’s popular proprietary brands include BIG-FIGS™, XPV®, Max Tow™, Disguise®, Moose Mountain®, Funnoodle®, Maui®, Kids Only!®; a wide range of entertainment-inspired products featuring premier licensed properties; and, C’est Moi™, a youth skincare and make-up brand. Through JAKKS Cares, the company’s commitment to philanthropy, JAKKS is helping to make a positive impact on the lives of children. Visit us at www.jakks.com and follow us on Instagram (@jakkstoys), Twitter (@jakkstoys) and Facebook (JAKKS Pacific).
© JAKKS Pacific, Inc. All rights reserved.
JAKKS Pacific, Inc.
Rachel H. Griffin