Last Updated: June 26, 2018
Commitment To Privacy
This Policy does not cover information that you submit on other websites, even if we communicate with you on those sites. For example, if you post something on Facebook or Twitter that information is governed by the privacy policies on those websites alone.
JAKKS reserves the right to amend or modify this Policy at any time at our sole discretion. JAKKS will provide notice to you if these changes are material and, where required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent. Notice may be sent by email to you at the last email address you provided us, by posting notice of such changes on our site, or by other means consistent with applicable law. Please check back periodically for up-to-date information about our privacy practices.
Whether you are an existing employee or applying for a job with us, we will process specific information relevant for your employment and application. The principles in this Policy will also apply to your employment and application.
Why Does JAKKS Collect And Process Information?
This Site collects information about you to provide and improve our services, communicate offers that we believe will interest you and meet our legitimate business objectives, including, but not limited to, improving the design, manufacture, marketing, and distribution of JAKKS’ products, enhancing customer service, meeting the demands of consumers for new products, and conducting internal marketing and demographic studies. Collecting this information allows us to complete your order efficiently, notify you of your order status, provide a means for you to contact us with questions or comments, provide aggregated reports to third parties and for promotional purposes such as special offers and contests. JAKKS also collects personal information in detecting, investigating and preventing activities that may violate our policies or be illegal to defend JAKKS’ legal rights. All personal information will be used in conformity with this Policy.
What Information Does JAKKS Collect And When?
We collect personal information, such as the below, from you when you submit that information to us voluntarily.
|Activity||Examples of Personal Information Collected|
|Registering on our website||Name and email address|
|Purchasing on our website||Name, credit card number, billing address, shipping address, phone number, email address|
|Sweepstakes and contests||Name, email address and age|
|Product Availability Notifications||Name and email address|
|Submitting product reviews||Name, email address, birth day and month, nickname, personal images|
JAKKS may also collect certain demographic information such as products you own or are interested in owning and information regarding your preferences for products.
In addition to the above, we may use technology to automatically collect information about your activities on our Site. When you use our services, we may collect your computer's Internet Protocol (“IP”) address and information about your operating system, access times, browser type and language, country, and the URL of the website you visited before navigating to our Site or using our services.
If you access our services via a mobile device, we may also collect your device make and model, mobile carrier, the temporary or persistent unique device identifier (“UDID”), the IP address of your device, operating system version, language to which your device is set, mobile web browser type and version, the country in which you are using your device, and non-personal analytics and statistical data regarding use of the services. Non-personal information includes the number and frequency of visitors to the Site, length of their stays, browser name, and device type or mobile carrier. Your device should require you to provide permission before our mobile website obtains location information from technologies like GPS, Wi-Fi, and/or cell towers. Most mobile devices allow users to disable location services by using controls located in the device’s settings menu. If you have questions about how to disable your device’s location services, please contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer.
Here are some of the types of information we may automatically receive if you visit our Site on your computer or mobile device:
- Flash Cookies
- protocol (IP) address, your device operating system and browser type
- Web beacons, clear pixels, or pixel tags.
- Web server logs.
- Geo-location technologies
You may disable cookies on your computer by indicating this in your browser’s preferences or options menus. Disabling cookies may prohibit you from enjoying certain aspects or features of the services provided on the Site.
Who Does JAKKS Share This Information With?
We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others and will not do so except as required by law or in connection with a merger, asset sale or similar business transaction. We may share both personal and non-personal information with our business partners, company affiliates, and third-party service providers, but only as necessary to further our legitimate business interests, enhance your experience with our Site, and protect our legal rights.
JAKKS may share your personal information in the following circumstances:
- Corporate affiliates. As necessary, JAKKS may share certain personal information with its affiliates to further our legitimate business interests.
- Service providers. We may share your personal information with third party companies that perform services for us such as operating this Site, providing analytics on our user base and online services, fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mails, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, investigating fraudulent activity, conducting customer surveys and providing customer service. Each of these third parties is contractually obligated to protect the security and integrity of any information we share with them. Should you wish to learn more about our service providers’ privacy policies, follow the respective links below:
- Google Analytics: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245 ; or https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- Shopify: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy
- ADP: https://www.adp.com/privacy.aspx
- Ernst & Young: http://www.ey.com/gl/en/home/privacy
- Ernst & Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.: https://www.ajg.com/privacy-policy/
- Social Networks, Widgets, and Plug-ins. This Site uses third party social media widgets such as buttons or similar mechanisms from Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. Such third party features may collect information about you and may also place cookies on your device. These social media widgets are either hosted by a third party or by our site. Your interactions with those features are governed by the privacy policies of the third party social media networks that provide them.
- The public. JAKKS may share the personal information that you submit through one of our interactive services, like Ratings & Reviews, with the general public or our affiliates. You may voluntarily disclose your own personal information when you leave product reviews. Review your content before submitting a review.
- Other instances. JAKKS may share your personal information in order to protect the legal rights of our company, our employees, our agents, and our affiliates, or to protect the safety and security of our visitors, detect and protect against fraud, and comply with law or legal process.
- Business transition. JAKKS may share your personal information with another company that buys some or all of JAKKS’ assets or stock, and that company may use and disclose personal information for purposes similar to what is described in this policy. JAKKS may also share personal information with prospective purchasers to evaluate the proposed transaction.
JAKKS may also share non-identifiable information in the following circumstances, in addition to those identified above:
- Aggregate information. We may share our customers’ non-identifiable aggregate information with advertisers and marketing partners.
- Interest-based advertising. A third party may use technology (i.e., cookies) to collect information about your use of our website and other websites so that they can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interest. That advertising may appear either on our website, or on other websites. If you opt out of interest-based ads, you will still see ads on websites you visit, but those ads will not be based on your browsing behavior.
Some browsers have a ‘do not track’ feature that lets you tell web sites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. These features are not yet uniform, so our Site is not currently designed to respond to those signals.
Do You Love JAKKS But Are Under 13? Get Parental Consent!
Note that we do not intentionally collect any personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you can look at our websites, but you should not make a purchase, register, or submit personal information to us without prior parental consent.
If you are the parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13, and you believe your child has provided personal information to our Site that you would like us to delete, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Parents can also refuse to permit us to collect further personal information from or pertaining to their child.
What if JAKKS Accidentally Collects a Child’s Data?
If JAKKS discovers that it has unintentionally collected personal information from a child under the age of 13 in a way that does not meet COPPA requirements, we will either delete the information or immediately ask for parent or guardian consent for such collection.
Why Does JAKKS Collect Personal Information From Children, After
Receiving Parental Consent?
Generally, children can use many aspects of the Site without disclosing any personal information. However, in some instances it is necessary to collect such information so children may participate in various special activities such as contests, sweepstakes, games, events, and clubs. We need the information in order to ensure the integrity and security of the activity and to distribute any prizes or other benefits.
What Information Is Collected From Children, After Receiving
When it becomes necessary to collect personal information from kids so that they may participate in an online activity, generally JAKKS will request the child's first name only, date of birth, and the parent's email address. We collect the date of birth to determine the child's age and the parent's email address so that we can contact the parent and obtain the consent and information described below. In certain limited situations allowed by COPPA (i.e., sweepstakes), it may be necessary to collect the child's email address or other information. We will not collect more personal information from a child online than is reasonably necessary, and is consented to by his/her parent, for the child to participate in the applicable online activity.
How Does JAKKS Collect and Use Children’s Information, After
Receiving Parental Consent?
Generally, JAKKS collects information online to enhance online experiences and bring you and your children fun products and services, which may include, but are not limited to: a) providing information about products, promotions, and services available from JAKKS as described below; b) providing customer support and warranty information for JAKKS’ products; c) personalizing experiences and making special offers and opportunities available; d) allowing participation in contests, sweepstakes, games, events, clubs, and other promotions, and otherwise registering for online activities; e) making online shopping available; f) providing a means to contact us with questions or comments; g) allowing participation in online surveys; h) detecting, investigating, and preventing activities that may violate our policies or be illegal.
How Can Parents Access, Change or Delete Personally Identifiable Information about Their Children?
At any time parents can access the personal information we have already collected from or pertaining to their child and request that we change or delete such information. Parents can also refuse to permit us to collect further personal information from or pertaining to their child. If a parent wishes to access, change, delete, or prohibit the collection of such information, (s)he must contact JAKKS using one of the methods described below in the Contact Us section. In contacting JAKKS, the parent must provide the child’s full name and the parent's email address so that we can better address the inquiry or request.
How Does JAKKS Protect Your Information?
We realize that our customers trust us to protect their personal information. We take that task seriously and maintain reasonable and appropriate physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to help protect your personal information from loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. We adopt and implement appropriate and reasonable security practices regarding the collection, storage and processing of your information. We also put in place physical safeguards such as limited employee access and confidentiality agreements with employees and contractors. Moreover, JAKKS is in the process of becoming compliant with Privacy Shield certification. While we strive to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, no security measure is ever perfect and JAKKS cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third party hackers from illegally obtaining this information.
To further ensure the security of your personal information, you should always provide personal information over a secure connection and never share your personal or account information with anyone or in any unsolicited phone call or email. You can check the existence of a secure connection in one of two ways:
1) Look at the URL in your web browser. Whenever you are connected to a secure server, that connection will be represented in the URL as “https” rather than “http.”
2) Look at your web browser. You have an SSL connection if you see a closed lock or a solid key. If you click on this image, a small pop-up window displaying website security information will appear.
How Does JAKKS Protect The International Transfer, Storage and Processing Of Your Information?
Because JAKKS is an international company, we may transfer your personal information to individual subsidiaries of JAKKS or to third parties in locations around the world for the purposes set forth in this Policy. Please be aware that the data protection laws in some of these countries may not offer the same level of protection as those in your country of residence. Prior to transferring any of your information in this way, JAKKS will take reasonable steps to adequately protect your personal information by remaining compliant with the European Union’s Global Data Processing Regulation ("GDPR") and JAKKS’ pending Privacy Shield certification. For further information on these safeguards, please contact email@example.com.
How Long Does JAKKS Retain Your Information?
JAKKS keeps your personal information only as long as your account is active or as long as is needed to provide you with access and enjoyment of this Site, for our legitimate business interests and to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations. Where we no longer need your information for any of the above reasons, we will delete it. If you want to cancel your account or want JAKKS to delete your personal information, JAKKS will do so and will only keep information that we are required to maintain for legal reasons.
What Are My Rights Regarding My Personal Information?
You have the following choices with how your information is used:
|Activity||What you need to do|
|Updating or Correcting
The Personal Information Relating to Your Account
|You can update or correct your name, email address, security questions, and other preferences by logging into your account and clicking on the “My Account” page, calling 1-877-875-2557 (toll-free, North America only) or 1-909-594-7771, or contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.|
|Receiving newsletter and promotional emails||You can click on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any promotional email that you receive. You can also edit your email preferences on your “My Account” page. Please call 1-877-875-2557 (toll-free, North America only) or 1-909-594-7771 or contact our email@example.com to opt out of promotions, updates and/or special offers. Please allow sufficient time for your request to be processed.|
|Interest Based Advertising||You can opt out of some but not all online behavioral based advertising by visiting http://optout.networkadvertising.org/#!/# completed or by using your browser settings to block cookies or notify you when a cookie is set.|
|Remove content from user review||You can remove content that you posted on a JAKKS public space, such as part of a Ratings and Review, by emailing details to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that we will endeavor to honor your request to remove information; however, our removal of your information does not completely erase that information from the internet. For example, historical copies, or “caches”, may remain.|
All information that JAKKS collects online is provided voluntarily. Accordingly, if you do not wish to disclose personal information, then you are not required to do so. However, failure to disclose such information may inhibit your enjoyment of certain aspects or features of our services.
JAKKS does not currently use automated decision-making as it relates to your personal information. However, if JAKKS does begin to use automated decision-making, you have the right to object to processing of your information in such a manner, where the decision-making process does not involve a human, only when that decision-making affects you legally or significantly (i.e., a decision that affects your civil rights, employment or rights under a contract).
Do You Want To Opt Out of JAKKS Communications?
- Email. In compliance with CAN-SPAM, all bulk emails that JAKKS sends out will have a link in them that will allow you to remove your contact information from our mailing lists. If you would like to stop receiving promotions, you may also email us at email@example.com. Please allow a sufficient time for your request to be processed.
- Text messages. JAKKS may distribute mobile coupons and other text messages to devices of guests who request this information via an opt-in request. To opt out of text messages, reply “STOP” to text messages.
- Geo Location. You may at any time opt out of allowing JAKKS to access location data by adjusting the permissions in your mobile site.
Please be aware that even if you opt out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may still contact you for transactional purposes.
Your Right To An Independent Recourse Mechanism
In order to ensure compliance with JAKKS’ pending Privacy Shield certification, JAKKS provides an independent recourse mechanism through ICDR-AA so your complaints and disputes can be investigated and expeditiously resolved at no cost to you. For more information, visit www.icdr.org/privacyshield.
California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident and a JAKKS customer, you have the right to request information from us once per calendar year regarding the customer information we share with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To request this information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with 'Request for California Privacy Information' in the subject line and in the body of your message. We will provide the requested information to you via an email response. If you are a California resident under 18 years old and a registered user of the Site, you can request that we remove content or information that you have posted to our website or other online services. Fulfillment of the request may not ensure complete or comprehensive removal (i.e., if the content or information has been reposted by another user). To request removal of content or information, please contact us using one of the methods below.
European Privacy Rights
Address: JAKKS Pacific, Inc., Consumer Relations 2951 28th Street, Santa Monica, CA 90405
Phone: 1-877-875-2557 (toll-free, North America only) or 1-909-594-7771 Monday – Friday, 7:30 AM – 5:00 PM Pacific Time (GMT – 8), excluding holidays