Do Not Sell My Personal Information
JAKKS does not “sell” Personal Information as we currently understand that term to be defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and its related regulations.
Additional Disclosures for CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS ONLY
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) provides additional rights to California residents only.
Data Collection : In the past 12 months, we or our service providers may have collected certain categories of Personal Information (as defined above) about you. For more information, including the sources of the information we collect, see the sections titled “Data Collected” and “Why Does JAKKS Collect and Process Information?”
Right to Opt-Out : California residents have the right to opt out of the sale of Personal Information to third parties. JAKKS does not “sell” information as we currently understand that term to be defined by the CCPA and its related regulations. To the extent that “sell” is interpreted to include any of the activities described in the “Who Does JAKKS Share This Information With?” section, JAKKS will comply with applicable law. (See the “Contact Us” section below.)
Right to Know and Delete : California residents have the right to request that we delete Personal Information collected about them and to know certain information about our data practices in the prior 12 months. Specifically, Californians have the right to request the:
- Categories of Personal Information we have collected about you;
- Categories of sources from which the Personal Information was collected;
- Categories of Personal Information disclosed for a business purpose or sold;
- Categories of third parties to whom the Personal Information was sold or disclosed for a business purpose;
- Purpose for collecting or selling the Personal Information; and
- Specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you.
- Authorized Agent : You can designate an authorized agent to submit requests on your behalf. However, we may require written proof of the agent’s permission to do so and verify your identity directly.
- Right to Nondiscrimination : You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of any your rights.
- Shine the Light : California residents may request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to our affiliates and third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
- Contact : To exercise any of these rights, please see the “Contact Us” section and specify which right you seek to exercise and the scope of the request. We may require additional information from you to help us verify your identity and process your request. If we do not have adequate information to permit us to verify your identity, we may deny your request to know or delete.
- CalOPPA : This Policy also adheres to the California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA). If you are a California resident under 18 years old, and a registered user of the Site, you may request that we remove content or information that you have posted to our Site or other online services. We cannot ensure complete or comprehensive removal (e.g., where the content or information has been reposted by another user).
ADDITIONAL PRIVACY RIGHTS FOR UNITED KINGDOM AND EUROPEAN SITE VISITORS ONLY
If you are a user or a citizen of the United Kingdom or a European Economic Area only, you have the following rights, in addition to those detailed in this Policy:
- Right to access or correct —the Personal Information that JAKKS holds about you
- Right to refusal –of the processing of your Personal Information
- Right to be informed –about how your Personal Information will be used
- Right to restrict processing –of your Personal Information where it is objected to or inaccurate
- Right to be forgotten – the right to request deletion of your Personal Information
Even if you opt out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may still contact you for transactional purposes.